Where to Stay in Baler?
How much was your budget for Baler?
These are the questions that flooded my FB after posting a bunch of Baler photos over the weekend. Some even took time to send me SMS. 🙂
So, since I’m in the mood to be nicey-nicey today, I’ll share our secret on how we were able to go to Baler for less than Php2500.
How to Get to Baler:
via Public Transportation aka Commute
You may take JoyBus for a comfortable ride to Baler. It’s a little bit pricey but it’s an executive luxury non-stop trip with the ff: bus stewardess, blankets, pillow, snacks, and CR on board. Trip would be approximately 5 to 5 1/2 hrs.
Manila to Baler: 12 MN, 2 AM, and 4:30 AM; Fare is Php750.
Baler to Manila: 4:30 AM and 3 PM; Fare is Php750.
Another option is to take the regular aircon bus of Genesis, Fare is Php450.00. Trip would be approximately 6 to 7 hours.
Bus Schedule: Hourly trip starting 1 AM to 8 AM.
For booking, you may call 7090803, 4211425.
via Private Vehicle
For this trip, we rented a van for Php12,000.00 only; we were originally quoted Php3000/day + Gas + Toll Fees so since we’re just a total of 10pax, we asked the driver if we can close it to Php12,000 all-in for a 3-Day Trip to Baler, he agreed. Anyway, this rate already includes going around Baler. So, how can we not go to Baler with this cheap budget right? 🙂
From Manila, enter NLEX at Balintawak and exit at SCTEX (entry at La Paz, Tarlac toll gate). Follow the highway leading to Aliaga and to Cabanatuan City, Nueva Ecija. From Cabanatuan City Town Proper, take the Nueva Ecija – Aurora Highway, passing thru the towns of Talavera, Rizal, and Pantabangan until you reach the Aurora border; then thru the towns of Maria Aurora, San Luis, and finally… Baler.
Where to Stay in Baler:
There are a lot of resorts, transient houses, inns, and lodges in Baler. Since it’s Peak Season, it was really hard to book even a night stay in Baler. Good thing, we found Desiree’s Lodge located at Sabang. It’s not located beachfront but it would just be like a 2-minute walk to the beach.
For reservations, please contact 09204800978/09217518490 and look for Tita Edith.
Things To Do in Baler:
* SURF! SURF! SURF at Sabang Beach
* Dip into the cool waters of Ditumabo Falls aka The Mother Falls
* Enjoy the white sand at Dicasalarin Cove aka the Angara Resort
05:30 AM Assembly
06:00 AM ETD Makati to Baler
01:00 NN ETA Baler
01:30 PM Check-in at Desiree’s Lodge
02:00 PM Late Lunch
03:00 PM Roam around Sabang/Socials
05:30 AM Wake-up Call
06:00 AM Buffet Breakfast at Bay’s Inn
07:00 AM Start of Baler Tour (Ditumabo Falls aka The Mother Falls, Balete Tree, Dicasalarin Cove)
03:00 PM Go to Market, Pasalubong Center,
03:45 PM Roam around Sabang Beach. Surf.
04:00 PM Prepare for Dinner
06:30 PM Dinner/Socials
06:00 AM Breakfast
07:00 AM Socials
09:30 AM Go to Sabang Beach. Get Ready to Get Stoked!
10:00 AM SURF BABY! 🙂
11:30 AM Back to Desiree’s Lodge
01:00 PM Check-out
01:30 PM Lunch at Carinderia beside Museo de Baler
02:00 PM ETD Baler Town Proper
08:00 PM ETA Makati
Baler Trip Budget:
You can make it cheaper by slashing off the Buffet Breakfast at Bay’s Inn and by renting the surfboard for half an hour only (Php150), for half day (Php400), and for one whole day (Php800).
* All mobile networks have strong signal. 3G is even available.
* If traveling by bus, you may go around Baler by renting a Tricycle. Rate is Php700 for one whole day tour good for 2 pax.
* You may roam around Sabang and Baler Town Proper by Bike. Rental fee is Php35/hour. Bike rental is available beside Yellow Fin’s restaurant at the back of Costa Pacifica.
* ATM machines are available only in Baler Town Proper.
* There are no convenience stores/sari-sari stores open at nights in Sabang. But if you’re hungry and at least you want to sip a hot choco/coffee, there’s an available Coffee Vendo near Bay’s Inn. Rate is Php5.00 only.