That Saturday morning, the huge crowd in Ditumabo Falls prompted our group to try and check out another falls. To be honest, Caunayan Falls was not the first suggestion of the local guide who we hired for that day, but since the name does not really ring a bell – Go!
Caunayan Falls is located in Pimentel, San Luis, Aurora. The waterfalls is an approximately less than two hundred meters from the main road of Pimentel.
There would be a small amount of fee to enjoy the Caunayan Falls: Php10.00 for the Kids and Php20.00 for the Kids at Heart. 🙂 Getting a cottage is not required.
The Caunayan Falls is not as high and as huge as Ditumabo Falls. The water is not that deep too. But I could say that I found it more enjoyable than Ditumabo Falls. Probably because of the following reasons:
1. It is not as crowded as Ditumabo Falls
2. It is cheaper to go here. Sadly, due to popularity, there are already a lot of fees that need to be paid in visiting Ditumabo.
3. The water is much clearer! Way much cleaner and clearer!
4. Running water along the huge rocks at the side of the main falls is the bomb!
5. Last but not the least, it’s not as freezing cold as the water in Ditumabo.