KG Garden itself is clean and decent but the surroundings and the building itself is quite messy. To have a clear view, imagine an old, abandoned, and dirty tenement building. To be honest, for a first-time visitor in Hongkong, I felt a little scared and surprised when we saw the building. We were surprised since we never saw any pictures of the building on KG Garden’s website and/or even in Agoda.
Except for the surroundings, which I think is normal for guesthouses and hostels, the rooms of KG Garden are pretty clean and decent. They are quite small; just enough space for the double-sized bed and your luggage. The bathroom is clean – clean toilet bowl, working hot and cold shower. For security, the rooms and aisle have double-lock (make sure not to share the code for the electronic lock). Also, just right outside your room, there is a water dispenser for your hot and cold water needs.
For the price, staying in KG Garden Guesthouse is cheaper compared to other hostels. I availed Agoda’s promo of Book Now Pay Later which is really a good deal. A standard room for two is approximately around Php2100.00/night.
Overall, KG Garden Guesthouse is highly-recommended especially for budget travelers.
* They have free towels but some or should I say most of the towels that they provide are small. It would not hurt to bring your own Towelite.
* Once you check-in, they will require a HKD50 deposit. They will return the deposit once you check-out. Make sure to get the deposit the night before you check-out especially if your flight is early since the reception opens at 8:30 AM.
* The Money Changer at Mirador Mansion have high exchange rate compared to others. It is open from 9AM to 9PM only.
* If you booked using Agoda, make sure to print a hard copy of the booking confirmation.
* The lift is small and smells like curry. 🙂
* They have free wifi.
KG Garden Guesthouse
Flat A9, 3rd Floor Mirador Mansion
62 Nathan Road, Kowloon, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hongkong